What's in a name

 I remember when Paul Michael Gardner first dressed up as "Harland".  He was meeting Harley's overprotective, (according to Paul, although in my opinion, just protective enough), father figure, and didn't want to be found out as his molestor. Harley was only 17 the night he hooked up with Paul and his entourage. I picked him up and dropped him off that night from his home, using Billy's car. It wasn't me that he went off with though. 

After donning his internet bought wig, tight grunge band t-shirt, and his white eyeliner, he asked how he looked. When he told me the name he picked for his secret identity, I laughed heartily and told him he had to pick something else. It was far too obvious. I was skeptical and thought he'd immediately be recognized, but somehow he pulled it off. 

Tell me again, how they did it? I hold the notebook on every society on the planet, for failing to notebook "Harland" as Paul Michael Gardner.

How does one protect oneself from an attacker who had planned for every eventuality?  How can one defend against an assault that exploits every weakness?  Let me ask you this, when a hitman infiltrates the Witness Protection Program and starts picking off the key witnesses set to testify against his boss, do they shrug and walk away?  Do they say, "Well, he is unprosecutable. Too bad"? They certainly do not. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog